1. From the Inventory module, click Add Inventory to get started.
2. Select the option to Add Multiple Items and click Download Template.
3. Copy and paste, or type directly, your inventory details into the Excel template. The required fields are marked with an asterisk (*). For expected data formats and attribute descriptions, please refer to the header comments.
Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when filling out the template:
- Count: the number of times a material is repeatedly added.
- Quantity: This is the starting quantity in a full container. Quantity + Unit of Measure is the starting quantity of the material when you add it again. Note: Files with .xlsx extension can’t be uploaded. Please use the template file (.xls extension) to upload and add inventory.
- If you enter Sigma-Aldrich as the Manufacturer and a Sigma-Aldrich Catalog Number, we will look up the following fields for you from our database:
- CAS #
- Boiling Point
- Melting Point
- Flashing Point
- GHS Information
- Be sure to double-check for accuracy before saving!
Please refer to the examples below on how to enter material details in the template.
4. Once your batch upload template is saved, you may Drag and Drop the file into BrightLab, or select the file from its folder location on your device in order to complete the upload. Click on Add when finished.
If you have any questions about importing your inventory, or need help formatting your batch upload template, please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.